Frequently asked questions

Non-fault accident management solutions

Vehicle claims

If you’ve been involved in an accident which was not your fault then One Call Claims can help you claim directly from the insurers of the negligent party rather than your own Insurance. We will help you recover damages directly from the insurer of those at fault. Once we have established liability we can provide our services.

Who are One Call Claims?

One Call Claims are a Claims Management Company who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Its registered office is Unit 1, Carolina Court, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN4 5RA. Our Firm Reference Number is 714016. They also offer the services of accident management for Clients who have been involved in non-fault incidents.

What is an accident management company?

An accident management company offers services to customers who have been involved in a non-fault accident. They handle the vehicle repairs and the provision of a hire vehicle for the duration of the repairs on a credit basis. Claiming through an accident management company does not affect your no claims bonus as it is not a claim through your insurance policy, which also means no excess is to be paid.

What happens after I make my claim?

We will always try to settle claims for our consumers quickly and efficiently, however this can depend on the circumstances of the claim and if we have all the information we require. Once your claim has been validated and set-up, we will keep you updated on its progress. Please click the link to ‘View My Claim’ to see where your case is at. You can also monitor what we need from you here.

What is the difference between a hire car and a courtesy car?

A credit hire vehicle is provided by an accident management company in the event of a non-fault claim. However, a courtesy car is provided by your insurer if you claim against your comprehensive policy. A courtesy car is a standard class vehicle and is only available if your vehicle is deemed repairable. A credit hire vehicle is for the duration of repairs or until the total loss is paid out.

Will I have to pay for the hire car?

The credit hire vehicle costs will look to be recovered from the at fault insurer. The costs outlined on the hire agreement will only be charged to yourself if you become uncooperative, appoint a solicitor without informing us and prejudice our position, or where we are unable to make a recovery of our costs due to misrepresented information when reporting the claim.

When is my excess applicable?

If the claim is non-fault the excess is not payable when we are dealing as an accident management company on your behalf. An excess becomes payable when a claim is referred through your comprehensive policy, as per the insurance contract you have signed into when purchasing insurance, for your own repairs to your vehicle. If the car is deemed a total loss no excess is to be paid, the excess will be deducted from the pre-accident value of the vehicle upon settlement of the claim.

Why don’t you have an active phone line for existing claims?

We have moved to a Live Chat system to better facilitate all customers, meaning we can answer our customer base quicker and more efficiently.

Can I have the number for my broker?

Your broker is a separate company and any contact information can be found on their individual websites:
Yoga Insure
One Call Insurance
One Click Direct

Who is my insurance company?

You can locate this information either on your brokers portal, or alternatively check your policy schedule for information of the insurance provider.

What does total loss category mean?

There are four codes for salvage category as per the ABI code of practice these are
i. A = Scrap (This vehicle is deemed not suitable to be repaired. Must be crushed without any parts being removed. This vehicle will be classed as waste)
ii. B – Break (The vehicle is deemed not suitable to be repaired. Usable parts can be recycled. This vehicle will be classed as waste)
iii. S – Repairable Structural repairable (Repairable vehicle which has sustained damage to any part of the structural frame or chassis and the insurer/ self-insured owner has decided not to repair the vehicle)
iv. N = Repairable Non-Structural repairable (Repairable vehicle which has not sustained damage to the structural frame or chassis and the insurer/ self-insured owner has decided not to repair the vehicle)

What do I need to do with the V5 Log book

If your vehicle has been deemed uneconomical to repair then please send the log book to the following address One Call Claims, First Point, Balby Carr Bank, Doncaster DN4 5JQ

Alternatively you can do this by following this link to the DVLA website

I wish to retain my private registration plate

If your vehicle has unfortunately been deemed uneconomical to repair as you are not retaining the vehicle but wish to retain the private plate, you will need to place the plate on retention with the DVLA, this can be done on the following link

I wish to claim for Personal Injury

If you have been in an accident that is not your fault you may be eligible to claim for personal injury. Please call 01302 568 209 for more information.

Speak to one of our agents

Our team are on hand and happy to help if you require further assistance or your question hasn’t been answered in our FAQs.